Application (Word) ACCEPTING 9TH GRADE APPLICATIONS
Four Rivers Senior Prep-An Early College High School
Four Rivers Senior Prep is high school designed for students who are interested in beginning their college experience while fulfilling their high school diploma requirements. The Early College model of Four Rivers Senior Prep provides the opportunity to earn high school credits and take college courses on the campus of Treasure Valley Community College at no cost to the students. This model delivers a unique opportunity for students to meet their dreams of earning a college degree in a smaller, supportive environment. In addition, Four Rivers Senior Prep continues the original mission of Four Rivers by providing an opportunity to learn a second language through immersion and promoting college access. Four Rivers offers immersion Spanish classes for new speakers as well as Advanced Placement Spanish classes for students that demonstrate bilingualism.
Sr. Prep Location
Four Rivers Senior Prep is located on the campus of Treasure Valley Community College and the Four Rivers Cultural Center.
What is an Early College Model?
- Strong, formalized partnership with the college. The college and high school share responsibility of the students as well as improve program model and show impact
- Provide students with a free “head start”on college
- Wrap-around supports that focus on both high school and college completion
How does it work?
Students are integrated into college classes gradually increasing the number of classes until they are taking almost all college classes by their senior year.
Benefits to Students
- Earn a distinguished high school diploma
- Possibility of earning an Associate’s Degree
- Creates a college-going culture
- Prosper in a small learning environment
- Prosper in a structured and supportive environment
- Authentic college environment
Students at Four Rivers Senior Prep take College Prep and Readiness classes all 4 years of high school. This course sequence is designed to provide students with the skills needed to become successful in college classes. The courses focus on time management, organization, study skills, and creating a 10-year plan. Students earn 3 college credits through Eastern Oregon University each year they take this course.
In determining if students are ready for a college class, FRCS administrators work with
TVCC to determine student readiness. Some of these measures include:
- Student’s GPA
- Social Readiness
- Instructor Recommendation
Four Rivers is a full member of the OSAA and plays in the 1-A High Desert League. Student athletes are encouraged to participate in Four Rivers’ Cheerleading, Cross Country, Soccer, Basketball, and Tennis. Get involved and show your school spirit!